The event was quite successful and glamorous with artistes rewarded for their efforts in the industry over the course of the year.
Here are some low points we spotted:
- The Accreditation process was a bit untidy and too tedious, the tables for Regular and VIP screenings were not properly tagged and even not too popular artistes who were nominees on the night actually had it stressful getting screened and into the event, this actually led to a large number of people stuck outside on long queues.
- The long walk to the stage to receive an award wasn’t good for timing and for the award recipients, the nominees despite sitting close to the stage had to walk all the way to the other side and some even missed their way like AKA with no hostess on the floor to direct the winners.
- On more than one occasion, artistes who were present at the ceremony were stuck backstage preparing for their performances and couldn’t come out to collect their awards, this made the event a bit sour as the fans were disappointed when after screaming on hearing their favorite act win an award, an unknown face comes to pick up on his/her behalf.
- Technical hitches in getting videos displayed on the big screen, absence of microphone during a performance and poor time management were obvious on certain occasions on the night.
- It was quite silly seeing a lot of people standing and even encroaching in areas that had artistes and VIPs, we noticed RnB singer Praiz standing for a while before they could get a makeshift seat for him.
Ehis Combs Ohunyon is a music lover and writer, follow on twitter @ehiscombs